when you're flat on your back, the only direction you can look is up - garfield

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"Why are you always so happy?" - Part 2

Another reason why I am always happy is because I know of a particular statistic which I shall explain in a short while.

When I was young, I was a great worrier. I used to have a very case of sweaty palms because I was anxious about a lot of things all the time. In fact, when I was younger, I used to hate shaking hands with people because I was afraid that my cold and wet hands would put them off. There was a time when I even contemplated going for surgery to cut a nerve near my spine so that I would not have sweaty palms. Now I am cured of this problem - without having to spend a cent!

One of the reason for the "cure" is that I hardly worry anymore. Let me tell you why. I found that

90% of the bad things that we worry about, never come true.
even if the bad things do come true, 90% of the time, it is never as bad as we imagined it to be.
even if it turned out to be as bad as we imagined it to be, we could not have done anything about anyway.

So I told myself a long time ago - Why worry? Why waste my energy on things that has 90% of not coming true? Why waste my energy on things that 90% is never as bad as I think it would turn out to be?

No, I rather spend my energy on doing other useful things like my work, helping the poor and disabled, writing this blog...

Like the famous McBrian song goes - DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home