when you're flat on your back, the only direction you can look is up - garfield

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Set Your Mind on Higher Things

I am currently reading a best-seller by Joel Osteen. The book is called Your Best Life Now.

He actually had a section on Set Your Mind on Higher Things. Just thought that I will quote something that he wrote in that section:

If you are depressed, you must understand, nobody is making you depressed. If your're not happy, nobody is forcing you to be unhappy. If you're negative and you have a bad attitude, nobody's coercing you to be bored, uncoorperative, sarcastic, or sullen. You are choosing to remain in that condition, and the first step out of that mess is to recognise that the only person who can improve the situation is you!

Some people say. "Well, my circumstances have me down. You just don't know what I'm going through."

Actually, your circumstances don't have you down. Your thoughts about your circumstances have you down. On the other hand, you can be in one of the biggest battles of your life and still bge filled with joy and peace and victory - if you simply learn how to choose the right thoughts. It's time to think about what you're thinking about.

How true! The book continues to tell us why it is not good to have thoughts that constantly mop the floor but rather it is a great advantage to set our thoughts on higher things.

What thoughts are you thinking today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Take Thought; Life's Short. Fear Not; Trust God. said...

How very true! My mother always reminded me before any exam - Confidence is half the victory won. I think it did help me because although I know that exams could be tough, I did well in most of them. I am quite sure now that because of my attitude of confidence, my mind could think clearer and I could recollect what I studied better.

7:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home