when you're flat on your back, the only direction you can look is up - garfield

Monday, May 22, 2006

Da Vinci Code

It seems everyone is talking about the Da Vinci Code so I think I will put my two-cents worth in too.

For me, I won't even bother to see it. Why?

Everyone knows that it is just a fiction. Even Dan Brown the author admitted it on air. But why is everyone rushing to see it - Christians and non-Christians alike? Ah, herein lies the problem with mankind since the beginning of time. Adam and Eve were deceived because they were given suggestive statements by the devil that made them waiver in their trust in God. It is that forbidden fruit that always looks so much better when we cannot reach it.

For me, since it is undeniably a work of fiction that is aimed at least to result in controversy and at most to intentionally destroy your faith, why should I see it? I have better things to do. I have better things to fill my mind with.

http://www.syfc.org.sg/events/dvc/cinema.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home