when you're flat on your back, the only direction you can look is up - garfield

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Never too old...

Saw a documentary about a 80-year-old lady in China who is actively contributing to her own personal blog! I went to her blog and it just simply blew my mind away! She has this blog that is graphically more eye-catching than mine. It was probably set up by someone for her, I started telling myself, feeling a little envious. But as I read her articles, I found that she was someone with clarity of thoughts and whose mind was always forward looking and not afraid to learn.

She has a huge following and thousands read her blog every day and reading some of the comments, I begin to understand why they respect her so much.

You see, at 80, she has to first learn how to type. She probably can write in calligraphy faster than type. Then she had to learn how to use the computer. Then she had to learn how to use the Chinese software. Then she had to learn how to type in a particular way called Han Yu Pinyin. Then she has to recognise the Chinese characters in what is called Simplified Chinese rather than Traditional Chinese which 99.99% of people her generation would be more comforatble with. Then, she has to learn how to set up her blog and publish and edit articles.

My friends, if you are thinking that you are too old to do anything, stop and think of this old lady who blogs! Check out her blog at http://blog.sohu.com/members/nianfang80

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home