when you're flat on your back, the only direction you can look is up - garfield

Monday, April 03, 2006

I fell down


Yesterday, I had a badminton game with some friends. To say that I was not in the fittest of shape is a understatement. (Ah, and yes, I was the oldest among the whole group) But there I was playing my heart out and at end of it, both my big toes had blisters and my legs were a little wobbly.

When we came out of the badminton hall, it started to pour cats and dogs while we were waiting for the taxi to come. After quite a wait, we spotted one and in my excitement started to run down a flight of stairs which had become very wet in the rain and in an instant, I was flat on my back and sliding down that flight of stairs.

Yes, so here I am, writing this article with aches all over my ageing body from the badminton game, blisters on my toes and a bruised back from the fall.

Life's like that. Sometimes we fall, and it hurts, but the right thing to do, is to pick ourselves up, recover our footing and press on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home