when you're flat on your back, the only direction you can look is up - garfield

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Finding Our Identity


As we look at all the violence (and all its different ramifications including rape, robbery, etc) that is happening in the world, I am sure many of us will shake our heads and ask why all the violence?

But a more insightful question would be - Why Not?

Why not - because if we are just animals, animals do fight. Why not - because if there is nothing in the future beyond death, why should I not do what I want to get what I want? Why not - because if it is the survival of the fittest, there is no love lost when I do violent things because it is natural.

But I say the only reason that will satisfy all the why nots - is that we are not animals but are all RELATIVES of a species called the Human Race. Till the day that we come to understand that we have all one Father and that we are all one big family, there will be no peace.

I mean, you should not rape a family member, right? You should not murder a family member, right?

So why is all the world so violent? An element of the reason is a blindness that prevents the world from realising who we truly are. A blindness that prevents us from acknowledging that we have a Father who created all of us.

For all those who are asking "Why not?", think about your family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home