when you're flat on your back, the only direction you can look is up - garfield

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cleaniness


Saw an TV advertisement for a particular brand of washing detergent. It showed 2 kids who had muddied themselves playing football. They had mud all over their body and attire which included their socks and shoes. Obviously the mother did not allow them into the house. They had to remove their soiled clothes and gingerly walk to the bathroom to have a bath before they were allowed to romp freely around the house.

Whenever I see such advertisements, I am reminded that there is a house up there that I hope to enter. Humbly I admit that I am far from perfect and if every mistake that I make (which for me is on a daily basis) is a a spot of mud on my soul, I shudder at how dirty that would make me! How can I ever enter God's house in such a state, except that I be cleaned from the stains on my soul?

Are you washed in the blood?
In the soul cleansing blood of the lamb?
Are your garments spotless?
Are they white as snow?
Are you washed in the blood of the lamb?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home